Tuesday, January 21, 2014

three; so i didn't

i didn't want to miss today. i didn't want to fail again. and this was the best i could do. i'm sorry, i am very sorry.







there was a shotgun and a bullet and they tunneled together –
clutching their dirty bodies together in a tantrum storm.
i watched the blood spread like fingers of a fist across my chest.
it was a lifetime of oh god I’m so sorry please don’t.
so i didn’t.
i felt words pull my flesh from my ligaments,
and i squashed like overdone legumes,
and i crumpled into a pile of once-was has-beens.
i felt my world tear, i felt realities separating,
like sand through glass.
so i didn't.
i was the calm of the ocean at midnight.
i was the silence of darkness and
i was the stillness of new born death.
i settled like dust, over every orifice of desk-space and book-shelf and camcorder.
i settled in your lungs and i tried, with all my might.
to trick you, just once more,

just for one more minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment