Wednesday, January 30, 2013

apologies

i got sick with an invisible illness that took away my heart and my soul and i didn't write for two weeks. i feel guilty now, and kind of like a failure but i could give up - or i could keep trying. and i suppose i will try and keep trying, but try is the inevitable word here.

somebody has snatched away all of my words, and kept them greedily for themselves, and now they're ruling my life with the misuse of their silly syllables and i'm stuck in a loop of forever feeling like i'm not good enough to skim at the bottom of the ocean.

i am going to try and combat this with positivity and today is a nice day. and hopefully there will be a new story on monday - but if there isn't, i promise to grovel at the feet of anybody who cares to listen and beg for yet another chance.

thankyou.

2 comments:

  1. You know what? I´ve come back several times this last months to see if you would finally feel like finishing this challenge you got yourself into. Ok ok, maybe not many, actually I forgot how I stumbled with all of this the first time, and after that I had a very hard time finding you again, but I remember that reading your apologies the first made me instantly want to know more. But jess, you just didn't come back, ever.

    You don't know me, I don't know you, but reading you makes me feel I read myself. In a very personal opinion; I don't think you should be writing just 'short stories', you should be writing feelings. Like you did with your apology.

    jess, that was what you were supposed to do from the beginning.

    Though, maybe I'm going too fast, maybe you just finished elsewhere. You did? I hope you did.

    Oh! btw, writing without capital letters? Such a good signature.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hello you.
      i've been around, trust me on that one - i just, well who knows. life happens and apparently this is the thing that gets pushed down under the dust to rot like a forgotten fruit (an m fruit, ha ha ha good joke me).
      i didn't really forget about this, and i never finished it - i tried to start again a number of times, but it all remained unpublished and hidden - but i'm hoping there will be more, one day - i mean it's a new year, that's got to mean something (maybe).
      but this comment has been floating in my mind for the past month and it makes me so happy that i've sparked an interest in even just one single person and. just thankyou!
      you are great and kind and lets be friends!

      Delete